- This event has passed.
Internet of Things European Summit
May 19, 2016 @ 11:05 am - 12:35 pm
Asaf Ashkenazi, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Rambus Cryptography Research Division, will be on a panel about security incidents across the IoT landscape.
Security – Learning from recent times and keeping the hackers from the headlines
Security incidents across the IoT landscape continue to grow. As a result, policymakers and companies are trying extremely hard to identify the best actions to make products and services more secure. This session will explore the best options to be considered in different security scenarios. Participants will also identify the extent that existing security solutions can be adapted and effectively used for IoT, as well as the cost of these and the competitive advantages they offer. Finally, participants will also consider the role that IoT technology itself plays in helping to tackle security issues such as national security and public safety.
- What measures must manufacturers take in order to make device and product security bulletproof?
- Are current security solutions and controls ever going to be enough? How do they need to be adapted and reengineered?
- Should security be built from the bottom up?
- Who is going to be responsible for IoT security updates, and can we make sure that this is done reliably?
- Is hacking inevitable and should we concentrate more on minimizing its impact?
- What lessons can we learn from other areas, such as banking and insurance in cases of fraud and losses?
- How can IoT technologies help in the fight against national security challenges and threats to public safety?
Moderator: Jonathan Litchman, Co-founder, The Providence Group
Cédric Lévy – Bencheton, Expert in Network and Information Security, European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)
Dhiren Patel, Head, Computer Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Surat, India
Jeremy Rollison, Director, Corporate Affairs, Microsoft
Olivier Burgersdijk, Head of Strategy, European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), Europol
Asaf Ashkenazi, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Rambus Cryptography Research Division
Shane Rooney, Executive Director , GSMA