- This event has passed.
LES-SVC Conference – 5G & IP – Are You Ready?
April 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Stefan Tamme, VP of Worldwide Licensing and IP Strategy, will be moderating the panel, “5G Wireless Patent Licensing: The Next Generation.”
Abstract: To fulfill the promise of 5G wireless technology and allow its widespread adoption, it is critical to address the management and distribution of IP rights efficiently and effectively. In previous wireless technology generations, negotiations have often been slow and inefficient, regularly requiring litigation to resolve what it meant to license on FRAND terms as mandated by the standards bodies. Experts from different sides of the debate will share their views on several complex issues, including:
- What new approaches can be taken in 5G to accelerate the patent licensing process, while still providing fair compensation to the innovators at rates that are acceptable for implementers from diverse markets?
- Can patent pool licensing, buyer pools or other collaborative licensing vehicles help?
- Should governments mandate patent rights frameworks, as they generate large revenues from auctioning spectrum licenses?
- Has the time come for new market-based models like previously proposed by IPXI?
Byron Holz, Head of IP Services, Nokia
Patricio Delgado, Director of 5G IPR Program, IPR & Licensing, Ericsson
Ken Korea, Senior Vice President, Head of Silicon Valley IP Office, Samsung Electronics, Inc.
Luke McLeroy, SVP Business Development, Avanci
Moderator: Stefan Tamme, VP of Worldwide Licensing and IP Strategy, Rambus, Inc.
More details below.
PROGRAM: 19th Annual Conference is filled with a program of experts who will provide answers to your questions including:
- What is 5G and why does it matter?
- Who are the 5G players in semiconductors, handsets, IoT, and other affected markets?
- What are the key new enterprise and consumer-facing applications that 5G enables?
- What does the 5G patent landscape look like?
- What are the licensing and other partnering models for 5G, and what are their business and IP implications?
- 300 Oracle Parkwaya
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Registration & Full Breakfast
9:00 a.m.-9:15 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
9:15 a.m.-10:00 a.m. “5G Technology” – Dr. Kirti Gupta, Qualcomm, Inc.
10:00 a.m.-10:45 p.m. “5G & Patent Landscaping”
10:45 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. “5G Wireless Patent Licensing: The Next Generation”
12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Buffet Lunch
1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m. “Do Investors Care about 5G & IP”
3:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m.-4:30 p.m. “Developing 5G-Enabled Products & Services: Deal Making Opportunities & Challenges”
4:30 p.m.-4:45 p.m. Closing Remarks