The CMS is used to manage customers and cards for a smart-scheme, enabling registration and management of customers, application, approval and issuance of cards, and issuance and management of the applications available on a card. A Customer Service Representative (CSR) for the scheme primarily operates the CMS, often in a call centre responding to customer calls, or otherwise managing customer applications.
As such, CMS supports two different models of card issuance:
- Local issuance of smart cards using local printing equipment and a Perso POST
- Bureau issuance of smartcards, where issuance requests are sent to and fulfilled by a card bureau
Web Retail Solution Add-on
Functioning as an add-on to the CMS, the Rambus Web Retail Solution (WRS) provides an online portal for travelers, giving them direct access to the smart transport scheme to manage their profile and cards, purchase tickets and top-ups and have them delivered directly to their smart card. By adding this self-service capability, transport operators can minimize support queries and improve the user experience for their customers.
Customer functionality supported by WRS includes:
- Register a profile and apply for a card
- Change address and contact details
- Report a card as lost or stolen
- View journey and purchase history
- Purchase products and have them prepared for pickup
- Apply for refunds