What products achieved PCIe 5.0 compliance?
At the most recent PCI-SIG® Compliance Workshop held in Burlingame, CA, Rambus achieved PCIe 5.0 compliance for two products:
- PCIe 5.0 Controller IP, which is fully backward compatible to PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 3.1/3.0. It was certified at PCIe 5.0 x4 operating at 32 GT/s as an Endpoint controller on an Xilinx® Virtex® Ultrascale+™ FPGA.
- Inspector (4854) for PCIe 5.0, an interposer card for diagnostic testing, exercising and debug of PCIe devices providing PCIe 4.0 x8 16 GT/s to PCIe 5.0 x4 32 GT/s with diagnostic IP. The platform includes a PCIe 5.0 x4 Host and PCIe 5.0 capable soft switch IP.
Both products are now included on the PCI-SIG Integrators List. This list includes all products that have successfully completed the rigorous testing procedures of the Compliance Workshop.
Why is PCI-SIG compliance so important?
PCI-SIG is the organization responsible for developing and maintaining the standardized approach to peripheral component I/O data transfers. Their Compliance Workshops offer members the opportunity to test and validate their products before they enter the field. Testing is completed against PCI-SIG maintained systems, as well as other leading manufacturers of PCI Express products. Achieving Compliance Certification during these workshops provides assurance to Rambus customers that the PCIe 5.0 IP and Inspector for PCIe 5.0 fully meet the rigorous PCIe 5.0 requirements.
Is PCIe 5.0 compliance a major milestone?
Yes, while there are 800 member companies in the PCI-SIG, at the time of this writing, there are only 44 entries in the PCI-SIG Integrators List of products which have achieved PCIe 5.0 compliance. Rambus is dedicated to providing advanced PCI-SIG compliant solutions that will power chips and systems for the most challenging computing workloads.
Can you give us some facts and figures from the PCI-SIG Compliance Workshop?
Absolutely! The Compliance Workshop by the numbers:
- 4 full days of testing
- 4 nights of bug fixing
- Rambus team: 4 members (2 per product)
- 34 rooms on floors 5 and 6 of the Embassy Suite in Burlingame
- More than 40,000 steps walked on those two floors
- 29 Interops
- 1 PTC and 1 PCIe CV test for the Rambus PCIe 5.0 Controller (protocol and register testing)
- 2 LMR tests (4 hours) for the Inspector
- 10+ hours spent on LEQ tests
- 6 Tx Eq (Eye Diagram) testing for 8 GT/s, 16 GT/s and 32 GT/s on upstream and downstream ports
- 6 Rx Eq (Receiver quality) testing for 8 GT/s, 16 GT/s and 32 GT/s on Upstream and downstream ports
- 5 hours spent on Tx PLL 8/16/32 GT/s testing