San Francisco, California, United States – 03/07/2006
Who: Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS)
Where: Intel Developer Forum – Spring 2006
Booth # 609
Moscone Convention Center
San Francisco, CA. USA
When:March 7-9, 2006
At IDF Spring, Rambus will showcase its high-speed chip interface products, featuring demos and displays on:
- Rambus’ XDR™ DRAM devices along with an example of the first product implementation of XDR DRAM, a Cell processor-based blade server from Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. using 1 gigabyte of XDR DRAM. The Mercury Dual Cell-Based Blade features two IBM Cell BE (Broadband Engine) processors directly mounted on the board and XDR memory. Scalable to seven blades in a 7U configuration, the Dual Cell-Based Blade is expected to provide up to 2.8 teraFLOPS of processing performance in a 7U form factor, and up to 16 teraFLOPS in a six-foot rack.
- Rambus’ DDR technology performing memory transactions to and from a DDR2 device operating at 800Mbps (400MHz clock).
- Rambus’ PCI Express* PHY and Digital Controller Core.
- Rambus customer PLX Technology will demonstrate their PCI Express Switch PEX 8518 running video through a PCI Express based graphics card.
* PCI Express is a trademark of PCI-SIG. Brands, product names and marks are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade names of their respective owners.